OCSI focuses on collaboration. We focus on helping students collaborate effectively and respectfully. It’s good to see:
- Kindergarteners reading to a partner during Daily 5.
- First grade writers getting feedback from a partner before editing.
- Fifth grade mathematician creating board games with a partner to reinforce math concepts.
- Middle school geologists analyzing different soil samples in groups and collaborating to develop a list of characteristics for classifying them.
- Middle school theologians working in teams to produce a short video identifying the major themes and lessons of the Nativity story in Matthew and Luke.
- High school political scientists working together to write a constitution and answer questions related to criminal and civil cases.
- High school physicists working on a group project involving force, energy, gravitation, and velocity.
- 11/22: Professional Day – no school for students
- 11/23-24: Thanksgiving vacation
- 12/6: Christmas program, 12:30 dismissal
- 12/15: 12:30 dismissal
- 12/16 – 1/3: Christmas vacation
Did you know that…?
- OCSI offers the ACT and SAT?
- Part of OCSI’s vision is students collaborating with others and respecting them as God’s image bearers?
- OCSI’s website provides links to our calendar, guidance resources, and athletics?
- Our JV1 girls’ volleyball team was undefeated this season and that our JV2 team did a great job and improved with each game?
Thank you for the privilege of assisting you with the education of your child(ren)! Please contact us with your questions and concerns.