I’m excited about having students back at OCSI! We count it a privilege to assist you with the education of your student(s). Through our accredited, Christ-centered K-12 program, we will work to equip your student(s) to:
- Understand God, His world, and their place in it.
- Think critically and Biblically.
- Collaborate with others, respecting them as God’s image bearers.
- Communicate truthfully and effectively.
- Create ideas, products, and solutions.
I’m also excited about good things that happened over the summer, including:
- Students being involved in our summer reading program.
- New lights being installed in classrooms, the gym roof being painted, playground equipment being installed, and 2 sidewalks being added.
- Students attending daily vacation Bible school.
- New instructional materials arriving, for example, new science materials for elementary.
Classes start on Tuesday, August 21, and we invite you to help us get off to a good start by…
- Reviewing our safety-related policies, for example: Typhoon, Bullying Policy, Child Protection Policy, Behavior Management (Elementary and Kindergarten), Behavior Management (Secondary), and Grievances, Whistleblowing, and Complaints Policy.
- Remembering that while parents/guardians are responsible for students in situations away from school, continued public disregard for the school’s standards will result in administrative intervention and possible expulsion (Board Policy B184.108.40.206).
- Contacting appropriate staff with your questions and concerns. Please contact teachers about attendance, the principals about curriculum and policies, the business manager about finances, and the chaplains about personal counseling.
- Praying for OCSI. Try using our prayer guide and/or our monthly prayer letters.
- 8/17: Back-to-School Night for pre-K and kindergarten
- 8/21: Classes begin
- 8/24: Back-to-School Night for grades 1-12 (not for kindergarten)
- 9/3: Labor Day – no school
- 9/17: Professional Development Day – no school for students
- 10/8: Professional Development Day – no school for students
Thanks again for the privilege of assisting you with the education of your student(s).