OCSI focuses on communication. We focus on helping students communicate truthfully and effectively. It’s good to see:
- Students listening to devotions on encouraging each other.
- Pre-K students learning winter vocabulary words.
- Second graders discussing how to communicate empathy and respect for each other.
- Fifth graders creating original vocabulary sentences each week before the spelling test.
- Sixth graders performing a skit based on the 12 resurrection appearances of Jesus.
- Eighth graders debating human nature, using information from the Bible and The Pearl.
- High schoolers creating documentaries, using academic vocabulary as they write in their math journals, and programming an Arduino micro-controller.
Did you know…?
- OCSI’s website provides links to PTF, ways to give, and giving FAQs?
- Khan Academy provides college, SAT, and ACT prep materials?
- Part of OCSI’s vision is students helping others by creating ideas, products, and solutions?
- Board minutes and policy are available online?
- OCSI’s revised schoolwide action plan addresses communication, curriculum, and organizational stability and sustainability?
- OCSI has a daily prayer guide and posts monthly prayer letters online?
- 1/26: Teacher work day – no school for students
2/5: Open enrollment, with new students being given available seats
- 2/19: Presidents’ Day – no school
- 3/13-16: Accreditation visit: A team of 5 educators (led by Dr. Mohler of ACSI) will read our accreditation report, visit classrooms, look at documents, hold meetings, and identify OCSI’s overall strengths and growth areas.
- 3/21: Conferences
Please complete re-enrollment (re-registration) by Friday, February 2:
- Please note that re-enrollment (re-registration) is earlier than last year. This is because we have several classes that are nearing capacity, and we want to help incoming families to be able to apply starting February 5 so they can make informed decisions before the Japanese school year starts in April.
- Please reserve your seat by February 2 for next school year before new students are admitted (starting February 5). Please come to the office to make payment (8:00-3:30). Please bring your completed re-enrollment form. For further information, please see this letter, tuition/fee schedule, and re-enrollment form, all of which were mailed and emailed to you in December.
Road construction: January 30 – mid March, the stretch of road from our front gate to the road at the top of the hill will be closed (see photo, yellow highlights).
- Parents dropping off their children will need to (A) come up the hill from Route 6 to the front entrance (see blue highlights) or (B) use the back entrance (see blue highlights).
- Our buses will be parked along the elementary playground. So 8:00 – 845AM, everyone should refrain from using the road between the front drop-off area and the elementary playground. OCSI will post orange cones and provide further directions.
Thank you for the privilege of assisting you with the education of your child(ren)! Please contact us with your questions and concerns.
P.S. Check out photos of how students are communicating!