- New textbooks are being processed.
- Student schedules are being developed.
- The summer packet is being prepared and will be sent out in late July. (Please return your forms by Friday, August 11.)
Did you know that…?
- Work being done on the gym (see above photo) so that our students can enjoy more years of play? We are sealing the roof and painting part of the exterior.
- You can contact principals with your questions about policy and curriculum?
- OCSI’s mission is to equip students to walk with God and impact the world for Him?
- OCSI is moving to MAP testing for grades 3-8 next school year? MAP testing fits more with what we teach, is less disruptive to the teaching schedule, and provides more useful data reports for parents/guardians and teachers. For additional information, please see the parent guide.
- All students entering grade 5 and grade 9 must submit a satisfactory tuberculosis screening (skin test or x-ray), unless they submitted a satisfactory tuberculosis screening when entering grade 4 or grade 8?
- Parent/guardian survey results have been reviewed by the Leadership Team and Steering Committee and that they are already being used to help OCSI get ready for its spring 2018 accreditation visit? (In response to survey feedback, this “Did you know that…?” section is being added to OCSI Connections. This section is designed to provide parents/guardians with helpful information.)
- 7/4: Independence Day observed – no school, office closed
- 7/13: Summer School ends
- 7/14-21: Office closed
Thank you for being part of our school community and for the privilege of assisting you with the education of your child(ren).
Michael B. Essenburg, superintendent
Equipping students to walk with God and impact the world for Him
OCSI • Calendar • Contact • Handbook • Prayer • Facebook • Instagram • Pinterest • Twitter • Typhoon