Welcome back to OCSI for our 2016-2017 school year! We are so excited to have all our families back here to begin what will be a wonderful adventure in learning! I will be sending out a monthly memo this year to let you know of all the activities taking place each month and let you know about school events. You will find a calendar of events for the month, specific details of major events, and thoughts regarding your child’s education. Please note that we have changed our school handbook to an electronic version. You can locate all information about our student handbook, and it can be read in English or Japanese.
We are eager to start working with your child and look forward to meeting you at our Open House this Friday on August 26th (6:00- 7:00 PM for grades 1-5). This is a time to meet your child’s teacher and to learn about our new math program:
- 6:00 – Start in cafeteria with Mr. Jernberg.
- 6:20 – Meet with your child’s teacher.
- 6:40 – Meet with specialists or second teacher.
- Students who attend must stay with parents.
Please keep the following dates in mind (for further information, please check our school calendar):
- 8/26: Open House 6:00- 7:00 PM (grades 1-5)
- 9/8: Welcome new families! Coffee and cookies from 6:00-7:00PM, sponsored by PTF!
- 9/15: Math Night (6:00-7:00PM): You can learn even more about our math program.
Thank you for part of our school community. I’m looking forward to see you on Friday at Open House.
Brad Jernberg, elementary principal
Equipping students to walk with God and impact the world for Him
OCSI • Calendar • Contact • Handbook • Prayer • Facebook • Instagram • Pinterest • Twitter • Typhoon