What do you love about the Christmas season? For me, I love the extra time with family and friends, yummy food, and singing Christmas songs to celebrate the birth of Jesus at church. Elementary students have been preparing for Christmas through special activities and music performances. Here’s a few ways that OCSI students celebrated the Christmas season…
- Pre-K students used a nativity scene in the dramatic play center to retell the Christmas story.
- Kindergarten students practiced their Christmas music and made wreaths and angels.
- 2nd grade students wrote about how they could light up the world with kindness.
- 2nd grade students wrote and drew the gifts they hope are in their stocking.
- Art students created original Christmas cards to share with friends and family.
- 4th grade students counted down the days to Christmas with an advent calendar and took turns adding parts of the manger scene to share the story of Jesus’ birth each day.
- 3rd and 5th grade students made original ornaments to decorate the classroom and to give as gifts.
Are you looking for ways to connect with your children this Christmas break? If so, check out this blog post for some creative and simple ways to engage your children this break and keep them learning. Looking for ways to make Christmas more meaningful for your children? This blog has lots of simple ideas you can try to create special memories and celebrate the real meaning of Christmas. Many local churches offer Christmas Eve services so you can celebrate the birth of Jesus as a family.
Wishing your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!