Summer is almost here! It’s been a great school year here at Okinawa Christian School International and we’re looking forward to welcoming you all back in August for the start of the 2018-2019 school year. The Summer Packet with information about next school year will come to you via your Jupiter mail this July, thank you for your attention to this important mail and for helping us save paper by going digital.
Summer can be a great time for children to be outside and having fun, but it’s also a great opportunity to join one of the great children’s programs at one of Okinawa’s local churches. If you’re looking for an exciting, safe, and fun opportunity for your child this summer- check out any of the events below:
- Neighborhood Church Okinawa Mega Sports Camp: July 23-27, to register: http://bit.ly/NCOMSC2018
- Koza Baptist Church VBS: July 30-August 3, to register: http://kozabaptistchurch.org/
- Calvary Chapel Okinawa VBS: August 6-10, to register: http://www.calvaryokinawa.com/vbs.html
Want to help your child continue making progress? Make reading a priority this summer… take your child to the library, take them to the beach to read, beat the heat and head to a coffee shop with a book. Need more books? Our library will be open from 8:30-11:30 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday as well as Thursday evening from 7:30-8:30 p.m., during the summer school term (June 21-July 17).
This year we say goodbye to Mrs. Cleek and her family! We have been so blessed by her time here at OCSI, please join us as we wish her well as she moves back to the United States.
We’re so blessed to have amazing teachers here at OCSI and three new teachers will be joining us in elementary which means there will be some shifting around.
- Mrs. Anna Lyons is from the United States and is a graduate of Moody Bible Institute; she will be joining us in Okinawa with her husband.
- Mr. Andrew Logan is from the United States as well, but has been living in the Kobe area for several years; he will be joining us here in Okinawa with his wife and 1 year old daughter.
- Ms. Lindi Barkman is joining us from Wheaton College in the United States but grew up in Japan and graduated high school from Christian Academy of Japan in Tokyo.
2018-2019 Elementary Classroom Teachers
- PreK – Mrs. Pallmann, Mrs. Rulida, Mrs. Cruzado
- Kindergarten – Mr. Carpenter, Mrs. Ikehara
- 1st Grade – Mrs. Fox, Ms. Turner
- 2nd Grade – Mrs. Lyons, Ms. Guiles
- 3rd Grade – Mr. Logan, Ms. Engbers
- 4th Grade – Ms. Sorley, Ms. Barkman
- 5th Grade – Mr. Doerksen, Mr. Fox
Have a great summer!