OCSI Elementary Connections:
Thanksgiving! We need to be thankful all year. But this weekend is a time for us to share with others and recall how blessed we are. For me it is simple/easy to be thankful:
- God loves us. He wants a relationship with us and all we need to do is recognize our need for him and then choose to follow Him! His grace is something we can always be thankful for in life.
- I am thankful for my wife and family. They are a gift to me, and I feel blessed.
- I am thankful for our OCSI family. This includes our staff, our students, and our parents. What a wonderful place to work, serve and grow as people. This is a fantastic place to be together! The best way I can do this is to walk closely with God—so I can impact the world for Him. How about you?
- I am thankful for daily food, health, fresh water, clothing to wear, and a roof over my head! We are so fortunate to have these daily provisions. God is good.
With so many blessings, it is right and good that we serve, share, and give to those around us. How can I be a blessing to others? How can you be a blessing to those around you? Let’s spend time thinking about our blessings this week. Then, let each of us make a plan to better serve, support, and give to others.
Events at OCSI:
- Our teachers worked hard on our professional development day on November 23rd to strengthen and align our curriculum. Thanks, teachers, for all your hard work.
- Our annual Walkathon raised money to support the Play Safely Campaign. The funds will be used to build a fence line along the new road on the south end of our campus. Please consider contributing to this important campaign to maintain strong safety margins for our students.
- The Parent Teacher Fellowship put together a great weekend event with the Holiday Market. We had about 500 people come to find gifts and enjoy a meal from local food vendors and merchants. OCSI had various singing groups (students, staff, and a local band) provide festive music.
- Last week our kindergarten visited Yomitan No Sato to sing, share gifts of food, and provide gifts for the elderly who live at this place.
- Progress reports: You will find your child’s present levels of performance posted in Jupiter on December 2nd.
- Our students and teachers are working hard to prepare for the Christmas concert. Once again we will be performing at the Yomitan Cultural Center at 7:00 PM on December 2nd. Please have your children at the hall by 6:30 PM. The students are awesome singers! Come enjoy a great family night.
- Christmas Vacation: The last day of school before break is Friday, December 16th, 2016. Our first day back to school is Wednesday, January 4th, 2017.
Brad Jernberg, elementary principal
Equipping students to walk with God and impact the world for Him
Elementary Connections: October, September, August
Calendar • Contact • Handbook • Prayer • Facebook • Instagram • Pinterest • Twitter • Typhoon