Classes started on August 21, and things are going well:
- We have over 425 students—thanks for continuing to recommend OCSI!
- PreK-grade 5 students are enjoying the new playground equipment.
- Bus monitors are serving on morning and afternoon routes on all buses.
- New sidewalks make it easier to get from the parking lot to the classroom building and gym.
- Our new food service is providing almost 200 meals each day. Thank you to all those who completed our food service survey during the summer!
What else is going well?
- As part of our Keep Each Other Safe program, students are reviewing emergency drills and the importance of being kind, respectful, and self-controlled.
- Volleyball and cross-country teams are practicing. Be sure to come and watch our athletes bump, set, spike, and run!
- Parent/guardians attended open houses on August 17 and 24. A big thank you to all who came!
- The PTF Committee held its first meeting on August 29. To learn more about PTF, check out PTF’s Facebook page.
We really appreciate your involvement at OCSI events. In addition to parent/teacher conferences, we encourage you to participate in a variety of events, including:
- PreK and kindergarten: sports day, Christmas program, character parade, and picnic.
- Grades 1-5: learning trips, Christmas program, kid city, culture fair, and authors’ tea.
- Grades 6-8: sports events, science fair, and concerts.
- Grades 9-12: sports events, homecoming, science fair, concerts, and speech contest.
- 9/3: Labor Day – no school
- 9/17: Professional Development Day—no school for students
- 10/8: Professional Development Day—no school for students
- 11/2: Parent/Teacher Conferences—no school for students
Thank you for the privilege of assisting you with the education of your student(s). Please continue to partner with us by…
- Keeping your contact information current in Jupiter.
- Contacting appropriate staff with your questions and concerns. Please contact teachers about attendance, the principals about curriculum and policies, the business manager about operations, and the chaplains about personal counseling.
- Praying for OCSI. Try using our prayer guide and/or our monthly prayer letters.