I’m excited that as an organization, OCSI grew this year. Ways that come to mind include:
- Elementary offered six after school clubs (cooking, STEM, crafts/puppets, basketball, soccer, and running).
- Secondary students participated in the drop-everything-and-read program.
- We renewed classroom technology, equipment, and fixtures—new iMacs in the computer lab, teachers equipped with convertible chromebooks, old classroom air conditioning units being replaced, and some new student desks and chairs in elementary.
- Students, parents/guardians, and staff worked together on the accreditation process.
- OCSI increased the number of professional memberships, including the Child Safety and Protection Network.
- We improved our curriculum so it is further in line with best practice and research.
- Elementary purchased instructional materials for science.
- We implemented MAP testing for grades 3-8.
- We made improvements to our gym—the outside walls of the building were sealed and painted, and exterior LED lighting was installed.
- We refined our Schoolwide Action Plan, based on recommendations from the visiting accreditation team.
Did you know that…?
- We celebrated graduations for kindergarten, grade 5, grade 8, and grade 12?
- Our library is open during summer school?
- 6/21: Summer school begins
- 7/4: Independence Day – no school
- 7/17: Summer school ends
- 8/21: Classes begin (see the school calendar on our website for key dates for next school year)
Thank you for the privilege of assisting you with the education of your child(ren)! Please contact us with your questions and concerns.
Michael B. Essenburg, head of school
Equipping students to walk with Jesus and impact the world for Him
Calendar • Contact • Donate • Facebook • Handbook • Newsletters • Prayer Guide • Typhoon