On behalf of the Leadership Team, I want to thank you for the privilege of assisting you with the education of your child(ren). And we invite you to help us get off to a good start. Five key ways you can do this are:
- By continuing to encourage your child(ren) to focus on learning, to respect others, to speak the truth in love, and to keep others safe.
- By reviewing our safety-related policies, for example: Typhoon, Bullying Policy, Child Protection Policy, Behavior Management (Elementary and Kindergarten), Behavior Management (Secondary), and Grievances, Whistleblowing, and Complaints Policy.
- By submitting all forms by August 11, including summer packet forms and (for 5th and 9th graders) tuberculosis forms.
- By contacting appropriate staff with your questions and concerns. Please contact teachers about attendance, the principals about curriculum and policies, the business manager about finances, and the chaplains about personal counseling.
- By praying for OCSI. Try using our prayer guide and/or our monthly prayer letters.
Did you know that…?
- The new road on the back side of campus is under construction during August? (You can still enter from Route 6 by Sera-en, but you cannot go further up the road.)
- Criteria for developing our school calendar include having 180 days, addressing Japanese and US holidays, and staying in sync with DoDDs schools?
- Students and parents can use Naviance for applying to colleges?
- OCSI is having its 6-year accreditation visit in the spring of 2018?
- We are welcoming new staff? photo row 1: Angela Doerksen (HS English), Deena Vardhini (HS science), Mattie Daniel (grade 4), and Morgan Rusnak (K5); row 2: Tyler Maskiewicz (HS science), Jerry Doerksen (grade 5), Brynn Childers (HS social studies), and Julie Woolery (elementary literacy).
- 8/22: Classes begin
- 8/22-25: K3 and K4 half-day classes
- 9/1: Open House for grades 1-12 (not for kindergarten)
- 9/4: Labor Day – no school
- 9/9: ACT testing
- 9/18: Professional Development Day – no school for students
- 9/22: Progress reports, Kindergarten Family Sports Day, Friendship Friday for secondary
Thanks again for the privilege of assisting you with the education of your child(ren).
P.S. Be sure to check out OCSI’s Instagram account to see more photos!