We value growth. We want our students to grow, we want our staff to grow, and we want OCSI to grow as an organization.
How has OCSI grown over the past 3 years? Things that come to mind include:
- Refining our expected student outcomes: understand, think, collaborate, communicate, and create.
- Implementing the Developmental Reading Assessment (DRA) for grades 1-2 and to the Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) for grades 3-8.
- Further developing and refining our curriculum.
- Upgrading our website.
- Revising our mission, vision, and philosophy.
- Streamlining re-registration.
- Implementing a 5-year financial plan.
As you may recall, OCSI is preparing for its March 2018 accreditation visit:
- We sharpened our vision by reviewing who we are and what we want students to learn.
- We assessed our practice by using materials from our accreditation agency and by using input from students, parents/guardians, and staff.
- We are now identifying 2-3 overall strengths and 2-3 growth areas.
- We will finalize our reports before the end of January. This report will be shared with you.
Our goal is to make OCSI an even better school. Thank you for partnering with us!