We’re off to a great start! Thank you for allowing OCSI to partner with you in your child’s education! If you know others that might be interested in joining the OCSI family, please use the Referral Coupon for a possible tuition discount.
Today is progress report day. Please check your student’s grades online through Jupiter, as paper report cards will no longer be sent home. If you have any issues with your Jupiter login, please let me know.
Our College and Career Counselors, Mr. Suzuki and Mrs. Lopez, have been meeting with student to help them in meeting their post-high school goals. We have already had several universities visit and share with our students. If you are interested in attended college information sessions, please refer to the OCSI calendar for dates.
Dress code is always an issue for students, and I want clarify a couple of things:
- Skirts/shorts should reach mid-thigh in front and back.
- Ripped jeans are acceptable as long as no skin is showing. For example: there are tights under them or a patch has been sewn to cover the hole. 3) Skinny jeans, for both boys and girls, must fit in a modest manner. Administration reserves the right to determine if pants are too tight and need to be changed.
There have been a few questions about attendance:
- If your child needs to leave campus early for any reason, please come to the office and let them know you will be taking your child. The office staff will contact your child’s class and have them sent to the office. Please allow at least 10 minutes for your child to make it to the office after your arrival. Students must check-out in the office, with a parent, before leaving campus. Please keep your student informed, as much as possible, so they can communicate with their teachers about missing class.
- Students may only miss 7 periods of any class, each quarter, to receive credit. These are any absences that are not school related (excused/unexcused). If your child will be absent for an extended period, please notify the office ahead of time so we are aware and teachers can prepare classwork for you child before leaving. In cases of 8 or more absences, extenuating circumstances will be considered.
- Please remember that morning supervision does not begin until 8:00 am. In addition, students should be off campus by 3:30 pm.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me. Have a fantastic weekend!