We’re looking forward to assisting you with the education of your child(ren). As we do this, we are guided by our philosophy of education. So that we can continue working together effectively, I want to review that philosophy with you:
- The purpose of Christian education is equipping students to walk with God and impact the world for Him.
- Parents are responsible for their children’s education. Okinawa Christian School International partners with parents by providing Christian education.
- Students are God’s image bearers scarred by sin, can learn, and are responsible for their learning. We value student diversity seen in learning styles, abilities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Staff (the living curriculum) are Christians who model Biblical thinking and living, build Christ-centered community, focus on OCSI’s mission, empower others, use best practice, and grow professionally.
- Our program addresses the whole person, is communicated in English, and uses an American-style approach. It is Biblically based, recognizes all truth is God’s truth, emphasizes sharing the Gospel and discipleship, and encourages Biblical thinking and living.
Did you know that…?
- OCSI started in 1957 and used to be located in Urasoe, before moving to Yomitan in 1996?
- You can contact the business manager with your questions about finance?
- OCSI values Christ-centered community, focus on mission, and empowering others?
- We are welcoming new staff? Morgan Rusnak (K5), Mattie Daniel (grade 4), Jerry Doerksen (grade 5), Julie Woolery (literacy), Tyler Maskiewicz (science), Angela Doerksen (HS English), and Brynn Childers (HS social studies)
- Increased tuition helps OCSI provide new social studies texts, upgrade the gym, and improve technology?
- The Guidance Office provides information for high school students to develop a 4-year plan?
- The Summer Packet is being mailed out? Forms should be submitted to the office by Friday, August 11.
- 8/4: All students entering grade 5 and grade 9 must submit a satisfactory tuberculosis screening (skin test or x-ray), unless they submitted a satisfactory tuberculosis screening when entering grade 4 or grade 8
- 8/11: Summer Packet forms should be submitted to the office.
- 8/18: K3-K5 Orientation, New ES Family Orientation, Grade 6 and New MS Student Orientation, Grade 9 and New HS Student Orientation
- 8:22: School begins
- 9/1: Open house for grades 1-12
Thank you for the privilege of assisting you with the education of your child(ren).
Michael B. Essenburg, superintendent
Equipping students to walk with God and impact the world for Him
OCSI • Calendar • Contact • Handbook • Prayer • Facebook • Instagram • Pinterest • Twitter • Typhoon