I’m excited that our student musicians are…
- Learning to read a musical staff (elementary school).
- Singing syncopated jazz rhythms in unison (middle school).
- Harmonizing in polyphonic scores (high school).
I’m also excited that OCSI teaches music from the perspective of the Bible’s overarching story of creation-fall-redemption-restoration:
- Creation (What’s God’s purpose?): God created music for beauty, worship, response to life events, and communication with Him and with others. Music helps us love God, love our neighbor, and develop the potential of God’s creation.
- Fall (What’s wrong?): Because of sin, we glorify music and musicians rather than the Creator. We fail to see and develop the possibilities of beauty and creativity within ourselves or others.
- Redemption (What difference does Jesus make?): Because Jesus died and rose to free us from the power of sin, we can use music as God intended.
- Restoration (What will you do?): The Music Department equips students to walk with God and impact the world for Him. To do this, we help students understand, respond to, perform, and create music. We do this so students use music to worship God, communicate with others, and appreciate beauty.
Meet Mrs. Reasoner who teaches elementary music.
Equipping students to walk with God and impact the world for Him
Calendar • Contact • Handbook • Prayer • Facebook • Instagram • Pinterest • Twitter • Typhoon