Thank you for the privilege of partnering with you to help your child(ren) grow in their knowledge of God’s world, in their skills (thinking, communication, collaboration), and in their use of learning to serve God and others. We are excited that…
- Kindergarten readers are using sounds to check words when they are reading a book.
- First grade readers are mastering sight words.
- Third grade readers are enjoying having 8th grade reading buddies.
- Fourth and 5th grade athletes are improving their soccer skills.
- Sixth grade readers are finishing The Golden Goblet, a historical fiction novel set in ancient Egypt.
- Seventh grade scientists are testing plant growth, and 8th grade scientists are demonstrating how rocks are weathered.
- Ninth grade historians are learning the differences between Christianity and Hinduism.
- Twelfth grade Bible scholars are learning stewardship principles.
- High school linguists are writing essays in Japanese.
I’m also glad to see our staff growing. This year, for example, staff are…
- Reading and discussing How to Differentiate Instruction in Academically Diverse Classrooms and The New Art and Science of Teaching.
- Modifying instruction, based on an analysis of standardized test results.
- Pursuing their own professional development plans.
- 11/17: Holiday Market
- 11/21: Professional Development Day—no school for students
- 11/22-23: Thanksgiving Vacation—office closed
- 11/30: Christmas Program—early dismissal (12:30)
- 12/14: Early Dismissal (12:30), Christmas Vacation begins
- 1/7: Classes resume
- 1/21: School Holiday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)—no classes for students
Please note: In an effort to keep our commitment to providing instructional days, we will be having class on January 25 (previously a teacher work day) and on February 18 (previously a school holiday). If you have questions or concerns about sending your child(ren) to school on January 25 and/or February 18, please contact the appropriate principal.
Thanks again for the privilege of helping your child(ren) grow. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the appropriate staff member.