School is back in full swing, and students are busy learning. This week as I walked through high school classrooms, I saw students achieving OCSI’s Expected Student Outcomes.
I saw students…
- Understanding God, His world, and their place in it: Twelfth grade readers learned about the interaction of plot, description, and narration.
- Thinking critically and Biblically: Twelfth grade historians analyzed primary documents.
- Collaborating with others, respecting them as God’s image bearers: Tenth grade readers built off each other’s observations to understand a text.
- Communicating truthfully and effectively: Ninth grade writers learned how grammar makes communication more effective.
- Creating ideas, products, and solutions: Twelfth grade Bible students began planning a presentation.
Thank you to everyone who has a part in creating this learning community:
- Thank you, parents, for entrusting something as important as your children’s learning to us.
- Thank you, teachers, for working hard to help students learn.
- Thank you, students, for using every opportunity to learn.
The 2016-17 school year is off to a good start!
Kim Essenburg, curriculum coordinator
Equipping students to walk with God and impact the world for Him
OCSI • Calendar • Contact • Handbook • Prayer • Facebook • Instagram • Pinterest • Twitter • Typhoon