At OCSI, we believe that students are our future. We believe that students are full of potential, and that they are responsible for their learning and responsible for using it to serve God and others. Consequently, we are excited that…
- Kindergarteners have increased their reading skills.
- Second graders have increased their understanding of map, globes, and how to give directions using north, south, east, and west.
- Fifth grade mathematicians focused on factorization and exponents.
- Seventh grade scientists learned how food molecules travel through the body.
- Ninth grade historians deepened their understanding of the role of law in society.
- Eleventh grade writers demonstrated their understanding of The Screwtape Letters, satire, human nature, and letter organization by writing a new Screwtape letter satirizing a flaw in human nature that they see at school.
- Twelfth graders studied how calorie intake affects body composition.
- 11/2: Parent/Teacher Conferences—no school for students
- 11/12: OCSI Holiday — no school for students, office closed
- 11/17: Holiday Market (note: We will not be holding Walkathon this year.)
- 11/21: Professional Development Day—no school for students
- 11/22-23: Thanksgiving Vacation—office closed
- 12/15: Early Dismissal (12:30), Christmas Vacation begins
- 1/7: Classes resume
- 1/21: School Holiday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)—no classes for students
- 1/25: School Holiday—no classes for students
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with the education of your children. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the appropriate staff member.