The 2018-2019 school year saw unprecedented progress and growth. Enrollment is now at an all-time high, as the academic programs and organizational systems and processes have made significant advancements. Here are some snapshots of the progress since the last annual report:
- Completed the painting of the gym building roof with heat insulating paint, greatly decreasing the temperature of the gym for the safety of students, sports participants, and audience members.
- Successfully transitioned to new billing and admissions systems, expanding our capacity to serve the needs of families from first inquiry to graduation and beyond.
- Completed the painting of the apartment building and beautification projects.
- Transitioned all staff to a new streamlined compensation and benefits table that increases staff compensation.
- Migrated all IT systems to the cloud, increasing the efficiency of our data systems and lowering costs.
- Eliminated all identified child safety concerns on grounds, equipment, and buildings.
- Renovated the elementary playgrounds and built a new sidewalk for the main building alleyway.
- Transitioned all main building classrooms and offices to LED lighting.
- Overhauled the lunch program to increase quality and options, leading to a doubling of enrollment in the program.
- Re-mapped and optimized bus routes, keeping costs low while maximizing enrolled riders.
- Replaced numerous assets and campus technology such as gymnasium basketball goals, wifi access points, chromecasts, classroom and office furnishings, whiteboards, weight room equipment, water tanks, and electrical lines.
- Installed new cameras in addition to existing cameras to assist safety monitoring of school facilities.
Thank you for being part of the OCSI community and helping us equip students to walk with Jesus and impact the world for Him.
Jonathan Simburger, business manager