- Students entering Pre-K, must be four years old by September 1 of the 24-25 admission year.
- Students entering Kindergarten, must be five years old by September 1 of the admission year.
- Students entering 1st grade, must be six years old by September 1 of the admission year.
- Students transferring from other schools will be placed in grades appropriate to their age and previously completed grades.
- All newly enrolled students must submit a completed physical examination form from a physician no later than the first day your child attends class.
- Students must reside with a parent or legal guardian or in a school-recognized alternative residence (host family or relative).
- Families are responsible for reporting to OCSI when their child is not residing with the parent(s)/guardian(s).
- OCSI is unable to sponsor student visas; students in Japan on tourist visas are not eligible for enrollment.
English Language Requirements
- Students must have English abilities that are appropriate for their grade level.
- Applicants for grades 9-12 should have grade-level English proficiency.
- Applicants for grades 6-8 should be within one grade-level of English proficiency.
- Applicants for grades 1-5 should be within two grade-levels of English proficiency.
- Applicants for Pre-K and Kindergarten will undergo a screening process to assess readiness and English proficiency during the interview.
- If your child requires English support at the time of enrollment, they may be required to attend the Literacy Support (ESL) class; an additional one-time fee is required.
- Parents must understand that OCSI is an English-speaking school and that they are expected to participate in their child’s education by being informed and are responsible for all OCSI expectations and communications in English.
Pre-K Additional Information
- In order to help students adjust to the new learning environment and to ease the transition, new Pre-K students will be required to attend only half-days for the first week.
- Pre-K students are not eligible to ride the bus.
- Parents are responsible for dropping off their child each day at the Pre-K classroom.
- Pre-K students must be completely toilet trained in order to attend.
When the number of eligible applicants exceeds the availability of spaces for a particular grade, your child may be placed on a waiting list. Families are encouraged to have their child attend an alternative school while on the waiting list. You will be notified by our Admissions team as soon as a seat becomes available; the principals may request additional testing before final acceptance.