The admissions guidelines for OCSI are inclusive and do not regard race, religion, or biological gender. Gaining admission to OCSI is a multi-faceted process that includes one or more of the following:
- An administrative interview of the student and parents
- Review of previous school records, including but not limited to, report cards, standardized test results, behavior records, etc.
- Verification of an English language support system in the home (for example, one custodial parent or guardian that speaks English in the home)
- Demonstration of sufficient English language skills by age 5; language proficiency test may be administered
- Completion of a reading diagnostic to determine if a student is reading at a level that is within one year of the grade to which they are seeking admission
Identification of special learning needs that may require special accommodations by either the classroom teacher or administration