Elementary School (PreK- 5th grade)
Our classes are taught in English, and we use an American-style program that addresses the whole person, is Biblically based, recognizes all truth is God’s truth, emphasizes sharing the Gospel and discipleship, and encourages Biblical thinking and living.
Our elementary program includes Bible, core academics, specialist instruction (art, computer applications, Japanese language, music, physical education, library skills), and activities:
- Year-round activity: Chapel
- Fall activities: Kurashiki Dam Trip (Grade 1), Butterfly Garden Trip (Grade 2), Sweet Potato Digging (Pre-K and Kindergarten), Yomitan no Sato Elderly Home Visit (Kindergarten), Overnight camp (grades 4-5), Planetarium visit (3rd)
- Winter activities: Christmas Program, Kite Day, Fire Station Visit (Kindergarten), Character Parade, Week of reading, Aquarium visit (grade 2), Okinawa World visit (grade 4)
- Spring activities: Field day, Kid City (grades 1-2), Zoo Trip (grade 1) Yomitan tour (grade 4), Culture Fair (grades 3-5), Authors’ Tea (grades 4), Makers Faire (grade 5), 5th grade trip (Kyoto, Osaka, Nara) & Promotion Ceremonies
- For students whom it is their first time attending OCSI, it will be half days for the first week of PreK.
- PreK students will not be allowed to ride the OCSI buses unless these three conditions are met: 1. Have turned 5 years old, 2. Have a sibling 3rd grade or older. 3. Only ride the bus one way.
- Parents are asked to drop off and pick up PreK students at the classroom door each morning and afternoon.
- Students must be completely toilet trained and must have turned 3 by August 1st to enroll.